The steps and screenshots below descripe how to deploy and configure an EMC Avamar (6.1) Proxy server for image and file based back-up's using VMware vCenter.
- Log into your vCenter
- In the "hosts and clusters" view go to File > Deploy OVF template
- Select "Deploy from file" and browse to the OVA file (you can download the OVA file from your Avamar administration server "downloads and documents" page)
- Click "Next"
In the next steps configure the virtual machine as you would normally do, so set a hostname, configure NIC, select the appropiate cluster and ESX host etc.
- After the VM is deployed power it on
- When to VM is booted you will see the screen below, fill in 2 (we first need to configure network, gatewate, dns etc before we van register de proxy server).
- In the configure menu go to "Configure Network"
- Now configure the network settings (Default Gateway, Hostname, DNS servers and IP address for the NIC).
- After you have configured all network settings exit this menu (option 1)
- Now set the right timezone
- After all settings are applied restart the VM
- Once the is started you can register the proxy server
- Choose option 1
- Set the Avamar adminstrator server name or IP address
- Fill in the clients domain
Once the Proxy server is registered you can find it within the Avamar Administrator Console: Administration > Account Management
The Proxy server is now online and operational.
Tip: in case you might need it the default credentials for the VM are: